Monday, June 27, 2011

What I'm Thankful for... And, because I have the right to laugh..


I'm going to go straight for the inappropriate (in a non perverse way) part of this post. I have diabetes, and dang it, I have the right to think this is one of the best things ever.



Ahem. Now that that is done, I can get to the actual content of this post. Today, in an effort to be less BLAH, I am going to simply list what I am thankful for.

  1. The food I ate today. It was delicious and a great deal of it was fresh.. And raw!*
  2. The fact that if I keep my carbohydrate intake at 30g net carb or lower per meal, I can skip bolus shots... Today I haven't had any and have had good numbers before meals!
  3. The "old tyme" photograph of my boyfriend and I sitting next to the monitor. It's a good photo. I should post it.
  4. My pretty-much very pleasant vacation two weeks ago.
  5. Seeing my younger cousins, aunt, and my (also diabetic) uncle in Indiana.
  6. Weighing 130 lbs but still having my normal clothing fit!
  7. The peaceful, almost serene walk I took today. (It was gently raining and the sky was a light grey.)
  8. Being ahead in one class, on-pace in two others, and only a bit behind in the fourth.
  9. Tutoring my mother's friend's son.
  10. A decent "harvest" of lima beans from the garden.
  11. Having a still-unopened jar of Artisana raw cacao butter...... I cannot wait to try it....
  12. Insulin analogs (especially since it is now derived from bacterium, not pigs or cows).
  13. My boyfriend, Wesley.
  14. ASPARAGUS! I love it!
    (Not my photograph. They're just cute.. And yummy... And low carb.)
And that ends that.

*I am attempting a dietary cleanse of sorts, half-inspired by The Crazy Sexy Diet by Kris Carr. On vacation, you see, I ate tons of processed foods (and some non-processed, too, but still) and a lot of carbohydrate. I desire to lose a pound or two, eat healthy (which would mean, at the moment, more fresh/lightly cooked non-starchy veggies, fruits, and less grain products), and get my blood glucose numbers into the really good range (80 mg/dL or so before meals). Thus, I am going to eat high(er) raw- today was about 60%, I'd say- and avoid gluten (but only for a short while on that front).

No comments: