Tuesday, September 6, 2011

371

You don't write happy things when your blood sugar is 371 after taking three units of insulin four hours ago when it was 320. You just lay awake, not really wanting to sleep, wondering if things can be normalized before your endocrinology appointment in five hours or before you have your first precalculus test which you absolutely need a clear- functioning mind for.

I've been so stupid these last three birthday-days. I can't get away with the excess... Why do I keep trying? I just keeping bathing my organs in acidic blood, supersaturated with glucose molecules which, although not contributing any calories to me at the moment, are intent upon trying their utmost to kill me.

I have those little ketostix; I know this is when I should use them.. But I am too scared. I don't know why I have them around...

1 comment:

Marvin the Martian said...

It takes awhile to break old habits, even when you know they're self-destructive. I ate ice cream last night, even though I knew I shouldn't. And I was reminded why I shouldn't. Next time I will remember.