Monday, August 8, 2011

Maybe...

Maybe...

Maybe if I let this glimmer of a crazy idea spread its fragile roots in my mind...

Maybe if I let myself believe that all the craziness, the loneliness, and the absurdity of my life years ago was the strange outcome of a girl on the verge of diabetes, a girl with an endocrine system struggling to find equilibrium...

If I believe past what has been hinted, that diabetes is tied into so much of one's life and that an autoimmune attack brews silently for years- if I extrapolate and say that with my diabetes diagnosis and, in time, with the restoration of my health with the continued addition of synthetic insulin- I can believe that now things cannot and will not be the same. If I attempt a re-integration into society, I can manage now. I think.


1 comment:

Marvin said...

Well, that's certainly true, diabetes is intimately connected to your limbic system and your emotions, so 'tis true, it may well have been the cause of so much of your angst in days gone by.

Knowing the cause doesn't necessarily make it easier to deal with, but then again, maybe it does.