Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Dilemmas in General

Such is the world: one must always choose.
To stay or go, or hover in between, divided.
U
gly is the straight path,
Crossroads, even more so.
K
ings are laid to ruin by what they do not pick, and all they fail to foresee..

If you couldn't tell, I am a sucker for reminiscing at definite turning-points. Yes, life is so dynamic that it is forever turning this way and that, but there are certain events that catch my eye above all the others. Sometimes, I can foresee the drastic change, but most often, it is me looking back...

The very beginning of sixth grade, when all the things I built up around prematurely and haphazardly crashed in upon me and through me into a pit of depression.. The catalyst? A pitiful devotion and a relatively simple e-mail...

The end of eighth grade, when I allowed myself to wander from a pasture- a pasture greener than all others at that time, yet then a dull yellow from poison and neglect- to the desert. Seduced by myself into trading muses. The trade, though successful, was not what I bargained for, and it did me in...

The accumulated pain, about to reach its bursting point, that was taken away and numbed by Jesus Christ in the deep dark of a late November evening...

All of them, so very decisive.

Only the latter do I see as worth it, now, but what am I to do? I am who I am and I am what I was (coincidentally, I am also who I will be. Fancy that). The past is a part of me that cannot be erased but can be forgiven and potentially healed. Oh, the decisions I have made!

More decisions speed in their way towards me. I dread to think of them.. And I don't. I will let tomorrow's worries remain there. However.. How am I to begin work on the triumphs I hope to make through tomorrow's choices?

No comments: