Sunday, October 2, 2011

Post-Lion King

I went, courtesy of W. (But only because I entreated him..) to see the Lion King in 3D last night. I was very glad for the opportunity... I thought I'd missed the chance at seeing my favorite, somewhat life-defining movie in theaters when I was two or three.

There's so much about that movie, too, that I realize I didn't understand at five, then eight, or even at thirteen and beyond. Each time I watch, the depth of it intensifies. It's like a ruler in which to compare my understanding of life, death, God, and all other things philosophical from the dawning of me until now.

Anyhow... I bring you this... Because something needs be done.




(Click to enlarge)

”Famine

Created by eLocal.com via Care2.com

1 comment:

Marvin the Martian said...

Argh, YOU gave Disney some of that $30 million they made on this old film in the past 2 weeks!!! ;-)

Ha, I had the same epiphany, seeing a movie again when I was older and understanding it better, with "2001: A Space Odyssey." You can identify the split-second when HAL decides to kill his astronaut crewmates. Creepy.

Your Somalia famine link is broken. Not that any amount of help will change anything in Somalia. The only way to fix it is to remove the extra people from the land which cannot support them. Starvation tends to do that. Although the constant warfare is really more of a problem.