Thursday, October 27, 2011

Life Update

I wish I had time to write something magnificent- and I mean truly so.. Unlike what I write typically. I wish I had time to compose poetry, short works, newspaper articles, letters to the editor, etc. But I don't! I've been occupying myself with keeping up with my schoolwork- still have seven classes, all of them college-level!- beginning to apply to colleges, and seeking out potential scholarships (none of which I feel I am actually qualified to win...)

On top of that- and this is great!- I have a job interview with a local hospice organization I volunteered for a year ago. They had a CNA position open (11pm-7am on Saturday and Sunday... A blessing and a curse), and with some reconnecting, I was granted this chance. My interview is tomorrow.

Also, this is my third day on the insulin pump and it's so much better than multiple daily injections (though it's still not perfect at all...). I am eager to be able to utilize all the special features and maybe- just maybe- reign in this beast.

1 comment:

Marvin the Martian said...

Wow, congrats on your interview! Many people would kill to have any job, even if it is third shift. I always like third shift. And as you know. people are more likely to die at 4 in the morning when the body's circadian rhythm resets, so you'll keep busy. Isn't that delightful? ;->

Any post from you is magnificent, of course. Seven college classes! That's a worthy load! Don't feel bad about not having time to write - you're not supposed to have time. And it's only going to get worse in the next four years. So.

You got your pump! Congratulations, cyborg! I hope you're feeling better!