I have decided to compose a list for the day of things to be grateful for. Forgive me if some are double-edged in their wording.. Today's not so great (hence the need for the silly darned exercise):
1. I am young enough to change some of what is wrong with me with God's help.
2. I have a boyfriend that treats me well.
3. I am enrolled in four of the six college courses I desire and may make it into the other two, as well.
4. I found and read The Freedom Manifesto.
5. I have two Smashing Pumpkins CDs.
6. The people I love are still alive.
7. I have two new houseplants.
8. I am relatively well prepared (I think) for my Chinese exam tonight.
9. I was able to go to Hospice house today and be around people I enjoy.
Sigh.. I don't like being ingrateful, so I suppose I should learn to love such seemingly childish activities.