Sunday, August 29, 2010

I really must..

  • Write poetry again.
  • Begin to cook more of my food and better plan my meals.
  • Find people I'd like to be good friends with and FORCE myself to be friendly, open, and available.
  • Be friendly, open, and available to anyone who would suffer to desire me as a friend or confidante.
  • Find ways to gain more energy- I can't have fun without energy, and I can barely stand to run... Though I operate on "empty" for long stretches of time, I never can quite muster strength to be playful.
  • WRITE SHORT STORIES AGAIN.
  • Re-re-re-re-re-read The Lord of the Rings.
  • Read more Ray Bradbury novels (still my favorite author.. Though C.S. Lewis is coming in a close second, I'd say).
  • Read War of the Worlds, Lord of the Flies, Tom Sawyer, and A Tale of Two Cities.
  • Paint my room- and pronto.
  • Find the etymological origins of the word "pronto." (Spanish? French?)

2 comments:

Marvin said...

Yes, you need to do all those things. And be grateful for five things a day. ;-)

Pronto comes from the Latin "promptus," or ready, on time, via Spanish.

Bradbury rocks, truly.

Anonymous said...

So I found you via your old blog because I clicked on a picture of Gollum wearing makeup... or something...
Which led to my reading a delighful post about how you (the you of 2008) did not fit in with "what guys want"...
which led to my finding your blog here.

The internet is freaking weird, no?

But anyhow. Your blog is delightful and I suspect that you are, too. But maybe this is some egotism on my part, because we seem to mirror each other in some ways. ;)

Keep writing. <3