Monday, April 4, 2011

BLAH! YOU'RE ALL BLAH!

I need to counter self-righteousness in terms of religion and diet without exposing myself to the contradictory scientific arguments and convoluted ethical mumbo-jumbo used to rage against both the belief in Jesus and the belief in the implementation of a vegan diet.

(Yes, I still haven't learned my lesson. Nearly every day I confront all the different viewpoints, much to my head's ache.)

In non-headache inducing news, I have been tremendously irresponsible in terms of school and life lately. I have done no volunteer work, am behind or about to be behind in multiple classes, and haven't created anything that I feel is an expression of, well, my creativity. Add to that the fact that I nearly always forget to read my bible and pray more than once or twice a day (I like praying multiple times a day for many different things), and you have one increasingly stressed blogger here. (Now that I think about it, this is headache inducing news, as well.)

One more thing, if you would: I am feeling the familiar draw to make friends but am still lacking the relational energy needed to do so. And you- eh, you probably don't even read this, so I could likely name you- come around as it suits you; making empty promises to get what you want at that moment. I like to believe that you don't realize that you are pathetically and weakly "stringing me on" (as much as one old friend can string another old friend along), but these incidents could hardly be seen as isolated... I hardly care. I have suffered through the worst; if things get better, hallelujah. If they don't, well... Where is the you I knew, anyway?

What a mixed-up post this is.

3 comments:

Marvin said...

You're so funny. I hope you're feeling better now!

Anonymous said...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Yfw_X6CGCsM/TEnBbPJ-yqI/AAAAAAAAAGE/XNKKnGQaQfQ/s1600/patrick.jpg

Anonymous said...

Yep.