Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Role Reversal

The person I have spent the most time with in the last three months is a pseudo health freak. He would not agree with this labeling, really, but in today's incredibly unhealthy world, he is one by comparison.

I used to be like that, but then somewhere along the line I feel completely and utterly off the bandwagon and became what I had preached against (at least in my head): someone who thinks little of what they eat and how it will effect them, animals, and the environment (for the record: the health freak cares only for effect on the first). In my laziness, I am comfortable with that.. But I don't want to be.

Therefore, I shall again make an effort to sustain myself in an all-around responsible way.. I shall cook more fresh things, eat more healthfully, and eat less out and out junk and less dairy (which, to me, is junk.. But I shall not speak of such opinions).

For some reason, this decision to be more responsible with my health heartens me. I could use more commitment and personal responsibility in my life. I have lacked it.

1 comment:

Marvin said...

Sometimes it just takes a little push to remember what you're committed to doing. I'm trying to be more healthy too - eat less, exercise more. As you get older, it becomes impossible to ignore the fact that you MUST eat less and you MUST exercise more. There's no getting around it.

How I wish I was solar-powered.